Re: [MV] CUCV civvy batteries?

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 11:31:57 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "chris case" <chriscase@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 11:10 AM
Subject: [MV] CUCV civvy batteries?

> what civvy battery would best physically fit in the
> battery boxes of a M1009? I need to pick up the truck on Monday, but
don't
> have the time/money to find the correct ones, before I find out if it
runs,
> or needs a tow.
> Casebro

"Group 31" batteries from a company like Interstate work really well. Get
the 925 CCA variety. I've seen the 1009s come out with either those
installed or the 6TN style batteries you normally find in the deuces, but
the tray and clamp will readily accept either. I use the Group 31s myself
because I think the 6TNs are sort of overkill, and I don't like the idea of
that much weight all one one side of the vehicle.