RE: [MV] Getting vehicle year from registration number

From: Miodus Mark-MMIODUS1 (Mark.Miodus@motorola.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 13:46:28 PST

Hello,

        Years ago when I was working in a government position, I had the
opportunity to talk with the head of procurement/purchasing for AM General.
He told me that a good way to estimate the actual finish date of trucks made
by them was to add 30 days to the stamped date on the axle pumpkins. They
operated on the JIT (Just In Time) parts system, hence it was common that
the axles were delivered 30 days prior to the truck coming off the line.

Mark