tightening compressor belt on a deuce

From: enallin (enallin@bedford.net)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 06:43:56 PST

Hi all, I lived in Jersey for a few years so I guess that gives me the right
to post....

Finally getting some things done to the turbo multifuel deuce. Felt really
weird pouring 8 gallons into the radiator.... Kept looking underneath to
find the leak...... Can't wait to change the oil!

Current question- what is the easiest way to tighten the compressor belt?
The lockbolts on the pulley loosened and the belt was very loose. I
tightened it as tight as possible by hand, retightened the lockbolts, but it
is not nearly tight enough. Big arc joints and a strap wrench? What would
work without scratching everything up?

Thanks to all who answered my previous posts, especially Dr. Deuce. That
riveted wheel was OK- tire place only charged $15 labor (plus tube and
liner, about $35 total) to put a new tube in. Anyone repair their own split
rim tires? I admire your courage!

Thanks again to all, and God bless. Gene in Pa.