FS: M1028/M1008 Dually conversion parts

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 08:08:37 PST

List,
    I have just about everything needed to convert a M1028 or M1028A1 to dually. The parts could also be used to convert a civilian 1-ton 4x4 or 4x2 truck to dually, as well. The parts are not all "correct" military, but some parts came from a true military kit.
    The rear is open, but has 4.56's. It is actually nicer for everyday road driving. It could have an aftermarket Lock-Right or equivalent installed easily. It is currently in an unusually equipped M1028 with 14,000 miles on it, but will be removed very shortly.

    Parts included:
        --Dana 70HD open rear 4.56:1. Excellent shape. Drum to Drum.
        --Front hub extenders. These came from the same truck as the rear. They bolt to the existing front rotors/lugs.
        --Rear sway bar and brackets
        --NOS rear dually fenders, lights, wiring, hardware, and templates for mounting them from original military kit.
        --Wheel clamp rings and lug nuts
        --Correct brake proportioning valve

    The rear axle does not come with the hard brake lines. The originals must be mounted on this rear. The rear brakes are fair. They passed MD state vehicle inspection in March and don't have many miles on them since.

    There may be a few bolts/washers/etc.. missing from the stuff I have, but I am not sure. I DO NOT have wheels/tires, but I may be able to find some locally. For details/pics email me off list.

    Everything is located near Baltimore, MD. Some parts are new, some are used. All are in very good to excellent condition. I'm asking $1000 for everything (the fenders alone are almost that much, if you can find them). Everything is currently or will be crated up and can be delivered to a freight company dock near me for shipping to save the buyer a "pick-up" fee. Buyer pays all shipping.

    Thanks,
    --Neil