alternator bracket in M998

From: Vadim Kogan (vadim@XCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 08:35:26 PST

Hello,

I used to have an old one-piece bracket and they don't make them anymore.
Now I've got the newer-style 2 piece replacement: a twisted bracket between
the alternator and the exhaust manifold and a double angle bracket from the
alternator to some lines below.

Now, while looking at the manuals I found 2 configurations: one with the
the bracket going in front of the alternator ear (as seen from the front)
and one with a spacer going in front of the alternator ear and the bracket
going behind the alternator ear. I was wondering which configuration is
correct/seen more often. (Needless to say, I haven't tried to put the
bracket on yet, I'm still missing some part, will be here tomorrow)

Thanks,
Vadim.