Re: [MV] M101 trailer

From: J. Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 07:45:55 PST

Ah yes the wonderful Canadian M- series trailer fubar.

My 1953 M101Cdn. 3/4 ton trailer is the one that uses the 9.00x 16 wheels.

Here's my take on the problem. When the Cdn. Forces got rid of all the M100Cdn.
trailers they bought a new little ¼ ton trailer for the Iltis series of vehicles.
Some government peon said it needs a M-series number and probably thought
that since " we " got rid of the M100 the new one can be M101 without realizing
that we already have the M101Cdn. in service ( at that time ).

I hope that there are some members of the Forces that can give you the correct
reason for this .

Also my trailer did not have the front mounted spare tire carrier " from the factory ".
I went down to the armoury and measured their's and had a metal shop make one
up for me.

Jim Wiehe VA3JHW
j.wiehe@sympatico.ca