Re: [MV] 5Ton Transfer Case Idea

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 07:12:27 PST

Mark:

Your suggestion is valid. In fact, just such a scheme is already in use on
many trucks, in the private and local government sectors. Lockout hubs would
complete the picture. I have been thinking about making them. Is there
enough of a market, do you think, to manufacture a few dozen pairs?

(Don't you just hate it when you come up with a great idea, only to discover
that it's been done already? Happens to me all the time.)

One night, many years ago, in a dorm room far to the North, a roommate and I
were under the influence of a controlled substance, and invented...get
this!!!...REFLECTORS!!!. I won't go into details here, but suffice it to
say that the premise was...I think..."How to get ambient nightime light to
be gathered, focused, and returned at the front of an automobile, so that
the light could be seen by passing motorists." We had even started to draw
up the details, when some sober SOB walked in and said "You idiots, that's a
reflector." Oh well.

Arthur P Bloom