m35 questions

From: Aaron Pavlechkko (cedarhillwood@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 09:11:06 PST

hello all on list.
I have recently acquired two 1970 AM General m35a2's. both run and drive,
one has a bad transmission but the entire truck was restored in 1999. The
other runs and functions great but the body needs alot of TLC. The area I
need help with is deciding what to do with them, as I only need one (thats
what my wife tells me). option one is to swap the transmissions and sell
the one that needs work for parts. option two is to buy a rebuilt
transmission for the restored one, and sell the other working one as is.
And option three is buy a tranny for one and keep the other for parts and
use around the house.
Another question is where is the best place to buy used or rebuilt
transmission? And what problems should I expect while doing the work.
Thanks in advance for your responses, I have learned alot about my new
addiction from reading the postings from all of you.

Aaron Pavlechko

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free
parking. http://shopping.msn.com