deuce picnic

From: patrick jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 20:44:21 PST

I took a female friend from work out in the deuce the day after
Thanksgiving. We planned a picnic, and she showed up at my place about
10 AM. we drove at a stately pace up highway 45 into dallas, stopped
at 1/2 price books on NW HWY, then went to white rock lake and ate.
Then we went to the big k-mart sized surplus store in Gran Prarie. She
wouldn't buy any combat boots or BDUs (although she did like the
purple/white/grey 'fashion' BDUs) I did manage to talk her into buying
some camo netting for her cube at work. One remark she made was that
riding in the M35 was 'soothing'. Perhaps it was the drone of the
engine and the steady vibration. An extra treat was pulling into the
18-wheeler lanes at a truck stop to fill up.