Re: [MV]

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 06:07:18 PST

In a message dated 12/2/03 3:47:59 PM, JPace@merchantsinfo.com writes:

<< converting a M105 trailer with air/hydraulic

brakes to use a surge brake actuator as found on M101 and M116 trailers? >>

I did this to a trailer similar to a M105. I used an actuator from
www.draw-tite.com. It worked like a charm. It was for my neighbor to pull behind his
civi truck. I also plumbed in a line lock controlled by the backup lights so he
could back the trailer w/o actuating the trailer brakes. Be aware that
hydraulic surge brakes have been outlawed in some states. I think they are superior to
electric brakes but they have been outlawed because you cannot operate them
independently from inside the cab of your tow vehicle. If you have a heavy
trailer and you stop on an incline with limited traction, the trailer could drag
you back down the hill.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com