Re: [MV] Tools of Destruction

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 22:12:52 PST

Darn, I have one of those gladhand adapters I made up. Works great on the
cargo truck, doesn't work at all on the deuce tractor. I might be facing another
shuttlevalve malfunction or something with the tractor protection valve
because as soon as I open the ballvalve, I get a whisp of air, then nothing. Same
thing on the rear gladhand. Open the ballvalve, whisp then nothing. Still
don't have a trailer for the tractor so I don't know if it will operate trailer
brakes or not! Even tried using the service gladhand with the trolleybrake lever
down, no ajoy!

In a message dated 12/10/03 11:41:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ljh@public.xm.fj.cn writes:

> On my 5 ton there where on the rear of the truck two glad hands. I
> believe 2.5 tons are like this also.
>
> Well anyway, I use to carry all the things used to power air tools. I
> had a air hose that would connect to the glad hand for the purpose of
> working with these things and also could air up tires on site using the
> trucks own capabilities.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2