Re: [MV] Shop floor

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 06:00:27 PST

For what it's worth-
A few years ago, I used to do sales and estimating for a friend's
company that worked with paving, parking lot sealing, and also sealing
concrete. From what I recall, you really might want to wait at least a
month or two after pouring before you seal it, to let it completely cure
all the way through. but even if you choose to wait, let me give you
another little trick of the trade. For a shop floor where the last
thing you want is something slick when oily/wet, stir in some sand into
the sealer just before applying it with your roller. You'll enjoy the
extra traction. As far as a "good" brand, it varies from region to
region, and since it's been a few years since I got out of that line of
work, the brands may have changed. But most likely, your best bet is to
find a commercial supplier and use their product, rather than something
you get at a Lowes or Home Depot type place. There's a company here in
Nashville called "Tnemec" (Yes, I know, that's "cement" spelled
backwards) ran by a guy named Tom Williams that handles really good
commercial-grade products. I'm sure he could ship to you, if you'd like.

Jay Travis