Re: [MV] HMMWV 6.2 to 6.5 swap & parts interchangability?

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 12:50:02 PST

NO! Everything outside the engine will fit but heads will NOT. Water is
circulated different in the engine and water pump is different also. Julian

List,
    In swapping a 6.5 into a formerly 6.2 powered HMMWV, are there any
engine parts that are not interchangeable? In other words, if I wanted to
put a reman 6.5 long block into a 6.2 powered HMMWV, would all of the other
parts fit properly (manifold, injectors, injector lines, injector pump,
water pump, exhaust manifolds, etc...)? I think the answer is yes, but I
want to know for sure.

    Thanks,
        Neil

=Mil-Veh is a member-supported mailing list=