Land of the free defense fund?

From: Kevin Coughlin (keldrid@gte.net)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 10:07:19 PST

I'd have to chime in with $20 bucks of my own. I don't currently have
the MV that I want - but I do have a 43 foot long fire truck parked
alongside my house (what can I say? Sometimes size DOES matter *grin*).
I live right in the middle of town, and get my historic vehicle out for
occasional parades and joyrides too. No fuss from the council, but one
fifth of the city council is either volunteer or full time firefighters
from my department. The cops were a bit standoffish when they first
started seeing it around town - or parked at the grocery store or the
ice cream place, but after finding out it was a respectable,
responsible, general nice guy like me, now they just wave. It helps that
I've kept the relationship with everyone on an even keel. We may
disagree on occasion about some things - but keep it professional and
they will listen.

So.... Count me in for a twenty if you need it.

Kevin Coughlin - Snohomish, WA
www.thebigredtruck.com