Holliday messages to those serving

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 12:25:08 PST

The imminence of the holidays prompts me to announce:

I can and will forward messages to your friends and/or relatives on
active duty in any of the U.S. Armed Forces -- anywhere -- through
the Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS). I can also receive and
deliver return messages. There is no charge for this service.
Just give me:

1. The message _sender's_ name, address including ZIP code, and home
and/or work telephone numbers -- needed for return messages including
delivery or nondelivery notices.

2. The message _recipient's_ name, rank/position, and complete
address including APO/FPO ZIP code, plus any other information, e.g.,
name/number of a ship or other military unit, and telephone number(s)
if available, that would facilitate delivery.

3. The message itself (limited to plain text including numbers;
letters may be converted to ALL CAPS).

Feel free to forward this message to anyone you know who has a loved
one on active duty in the U.S. military. I'm sorry, but I'm not able
to send messages to _other_ countries' service personnel, no matter
how
worthy the person, service, or country might be. _You_, however, are
not required to be a U.S. American to send a message.

Thanks for brightening the day of a service(wo)man away from home.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't heard the news: Our troops captured
Saddam Hossein yesterday, near Tikrit.

Chuck
Ham callsign W1HIS
MARS callsign AFA1IS