Re: [MV] Diesel driving characteristics? M1009 6.2l

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 04:48:39 PST

There is a 5/32" Allen screw inside the pump housing that, when turned clockwise, will increase pump output (to a point), and, when turned counterclockwise, will decrease output. Not much movement is required to make a difference (1/8 turn is probably too much). The IP is very delicate and careful attention has to be paid to everything when you do this.

The Banks Turbo Kit installation manual for 6.2/6.5 engines has good instructions on increasing the fuel delivery for use with their kit. They use 1/4 turn. I think their exhaust system (without the turbo) uses 1/8 turn.

This is not an across-the-board adjustment. It is a wide-open adjustment, as far as I know. But, many people only seem to complain about their NA 6.2s being dogs when they floor them, so it should help.