RE: [MV] So now what... (moving an m35)

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 11:40:26 PST

Mike,
Check the tire pressures on the deuce's tandem to make sure all tires are
the same. This will minimize the drag.
Also, throw a few sand bags in the back of the Blazer to improve traction.
Perhaps you can bring two fully charges batteries, just in case.
Good luck!
Bjorn

>From: "Michael Maynard" <mike@byebyeblazer.com>
>Subject: [MV] So now what... (moving an m35)
>Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:50:36 -0500
>
>I have been approved for my EUC finally. But now I realize that the
>people at DRMO will not even move the truck from their lot to the
>I am looking for suggestions as to how to get it to the dock. I am
>unable to take anything up on the trailer as the trucking company that
>is doing this for me, is hauling Humvees into the base already and has
>no room on the trailers. I could drive my blazer up, but it's a 2dr s
>series 4x4, and I don't think that I can rely on that to move it. I do
>have possible access to 3/4 ton ford pickup maybe to use. Anyone in the
>Ft drum area willing to help? ;-) The entire truck looks like it would
>run, but the batteries are dead. I would hate to rely on using that as
>a loading method and then find out it wont start.
>
>Any tips would be great,
>Mike

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals? Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com