ether cans

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 18:51:58 PST

The large "propane like" ether cans are available at large truck repair/parts shops. I had a can full of ether on my start kit yet it would not work. After disassembling the ether dispenser valve and finding it working okay I found that the can was full of ether but not full of pressure. I found that ether is not like refrigerant which generates it's own pressure, instead, CO2 is the propellent for the ether and in my case the CO2 leaked out of the can but the ether stayed. New ether cans come w/ a gasket that drops in the receptacle before screwing the can in. That new gasket helps keep all the contents of the can in its place.

Dave McConnell