M101A2 - couple Questions

From: Kevin E. Silva (keszr1@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 22:06:04 PST

Good Day All;
Been lurking for awhile – finally got the “gumption” to make a post. I’m
in MA
Nice group you have here – I appreciate being able to participate.

I have a ¾ Ton M101A2.
Is there a preferred way to adapt the wiring for civilian use. I’m just
getting into this “Scene” and would really regret ruining such a
beautiful piece of equipment by doing an improper conversion. Is it
routine to merely change out the military multi-pin connector to a
standard 4,6 or 7 pin connector or do folks make an adapter to use the
OEM plug on their vehicles?
The trailer is a 1990 – I haven’t even opened up the light assembly to
determine if its 12V or not – but I imagine there are more lights in
there than are necessary as well. Is there a preferred # or combination
of lights to use?

I apologize for incoherent questions and appearing totally ignorant.
I’m quite capable of doing the work – I just don’t want to “reinvent the
wheel” or create a non-standard set-up.

Lastly; I’m also trying to source a new tarp for the trailer.

Thank you for your indulgence.

Kevin E. Silva
2003 Sunset Orange H2
2000 Volvo VNL 770