Small Business Accounting - ideas?

From: Bob Muller (bmuller@marathonheaters.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 12:54:39 PST

I have decided that for the New Year I need to do a more efficient job of
my accounting. Currently I everything is manual with adding up receipts at
the end of the quarter for taxes, and reordering stock when available or
runs low/out. Obviously this leaves much to be desired especially for the
part I am willing to show Uncle Sam or if it is questioned.

My question is for you guys with small businesses out there selling
(reportable) MV parts or other items. Are you using any accounting
software, and if so what is straightforward to use that will track sales,
taxes, and inventory. I don't need 37 charts in multiple colors for each
transaction, just a solid program that is relatively fast and easy to use
and will do the job.

Any input would be helpful!

Thanks, and Happy New Year to ALL!

Bob Muller