Re: [MV] Check the Points

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 18:14:01 PST

I noticed Arthurs comment and throw this out FWIW.

      I've owned my '53 Atomic Energy Commission Chevy 3/4 ton for 16 years.
      Until a week ago I was unaware that the voltage regulator has points
in it which need to be scraped, sanded and cleaned. I don't know if this
applies to 40's and 50's cars but.... SOME vehicles have another set of
points to adjust when tuning a truck up. ( hangs head, shuffles into the
cloudburst coming over the hill... )

         Paul