Re: [MV] M35A2 For Sale

From: ke6myk@sbcglobal.net
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 10:26:19 PST

"Don Hudson" <djhudson@atlantic.net> wrote:
> Just an FYI. Don't know about most states, but Florida and Georgia will not
> accept a "chain" of tranfer letters. Also, you really need to get the
> "unknown" date fixed otherwise pretty much no state will register/title it
> to you.

Ok, if it's an issue, I can register the truck to myself first. It'll
just take a long time (a month or two, most likely) for CA to get
around to sending me the title and plates. If a title from a title
service like Broadway would be sufficient for a buyer, that would
certainly be much faster. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've registered a truck with "unknown" date or manufacture on the Form
97 before. I just told the VIN inspector what year I thought it was,
and why, based on things like axle housing stampings, the hood number,
production history, etc. I didn't have any trouble, so I didn't think
it would be a problem for a buyer of this truck. In any case, the
unknown date gets "fixed" the first time the truck is registered.

Thank you for your reply, and I look forward to any more suggestions.

Happy new year!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/