SUSV ride....

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 08:21:46 PST

Hi all,
Well, I just returned from a vacation to Fairbanks, AK.
Part of the entertainment was a ride in a "SUSV" up a mountain to view the
northern lights.
Those are neat rigs!!
It climbed a steep incline in snow with 17 people on board with no problem,
and kept us warm in -30F.
My family and I rode in the front with the driver, and it wasn't overly
noisy, although fairly loud, nothing like my deuce.
I had questions that the driver couldn't answer, though (and that kind of
worried me).
They are:
Does it steer by "friction" or articulate?
Does the "trailer" have drive power?
What engine/trans does it use?
Is it amphibious, and if so, what type of water propulsion does it use?
If anyone can answer these questions for me, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks, and happy new year to all,
Henry