M1009 alternater trouble?

From: Greg Anderson (glanderson@alltel.net)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 10:27:49 PST

Hey guys.I had to put a plow on my M1009 since my transmission quit in my
other plow truck.I am supplying power to the pump from the front
battery.Every time that I run the pump,the gen 2 light either flashes or
comes on until I rev up the engine again.I am guessing that is caused from
the sudden decrease and increase of voltage that the gen 2 alternator sees
when I work the pump.Do you think that I may burn up gen 2?Any way to
counter this?thanks,Greg