The scout car has a new home :-)

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 20:03:56 PST

Just got home with my newly acquired M3A1 Scout car. It's missing more
parts than Michael Jackson's face, but it's mine, all mine.

Having said that, I do have lots of questions about what a complete car
looks like and what some of the stuff on my car is supposed to do. I wont
trouble the list with specific questions, but instead would ask if anyone
out there would recommend any books or down loadable manuals that would help
rebuild this beast. I do need a few parts that I wont be able to replicate
so any source of parts would be good too. I purchased the car from Gary
Hebding so I know he has stuff available.

I am fortunate to have 2 complete cars near my home. One I hope to able to
spend some time with and maybe drive around the parking lot a little. The
other is at Ft. Jackson and I have not been asked to put the tape measure
away yet, but I keep a close eye out for the MP's when I'm laying under it
taking pictures and measurements. It's at the museum and they welded the
doors shut. I considered removing the canvas top, but again the MP's have
real guns, so close ups of the interior are out.

Enjoyed the trip to Chicago and Gary's. Real nice guy. I just wish he
lived farther south. I would love one of those halftracks, but that might
have to wait another decade:-(

I also need help figuring out the age of this car, so anyone with knowledge
about this stuff please contact me. It has aluminum floors and I do have
the serial number.

Joe Trapp
67 Kaiser M35
194? M3A1 Scout car