2004 East Coast Convoy / Rally Info

From: Bruce Kalin (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 05:27:20 PST

In an effort to clarify some questions that have been put forward
regarding the use of tents at the East Coast Rally at Aberdeen this May
,I contacted the Rally coordinators. I should have an answer regarding
this question by the end of the weekend as there has not been a final
decision made on this subject. I will post the information when it is
received.

I would like to suggest that vending on solid surface has very strong
advantages over turf / mud, as is the benefit to those who are
displaying their vehicles. (It took almost 3 months of pressure washing
to get ALL the mud off my truck from last year's event. I am looking
forward to solid ground this year. I am sure we will all miss the smell
of cow dung, especially the first thing in the morning before breakfast. :-)

It has been my experience from other events where there has been only
paved surface, that some form of "weighted tent anchors" have been used,
such as 5 gallon buckets filled with concrete for larger tents, and
gallon milk jugs filled with concrete for smaller tents such as are used
in flea markets. These are very inexpensive to make, last forever, and
can be used virtually anywhere. A little preparation beforehand should
work wonders in insuring that vendors have a favorable experience.

I have a vested interest in insuring that the vendors are happy at the
Aberdeen Rally. Without a good show, the 2004 East Coast Convoy
participants will be all dressed up, but have no place to go :-)

Bruce

--
Bruce Kalin - Coordinator

2004 East Coast Convoy coordinator@EastCoastConvoy.com http://www.EastCoastConvoy.com