Re: [MV] Super Deuce questions?

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 17:05:23 PST

>Seems like the best way to get a "super-deuce" would be to put the 5-ton
>engine into a deuce.
>
>How about the turbo? Can I mount the intake and exhaust manifolds with
>turbo from my LDT-465-1D to the block of the LDS-465-1A?
>
>Has anyone done this conversion?
>
>Is it possible to "hop-up" the deuce engine to get 5-ton performance
>(without swapping engine assemblies)?

Sure, but then the the next weak link is the tranny. I know someone who
played around with this and destroyed the tranny. If you've ever seen the
2-1/2 ton and the 5 ton tranny next to each other, there is a sizable
difference in, well... size.

>Is it simply a fuel pump or fuel pump setting issue?

I believe there is also a cooling issue, hence the larger radiator and more
sheetmetal to enclose it.

good luck,

je