Re: [MV] While we're on the super deuce thing....(deuce wheels)

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 18:24:05 PST

 It shows quite a few photos of
prototype trucks with "combat" wheels.

So the question is - has anyone seen any of these combat rims out there?
Anyone know of any sources? Maybe a crossover application?

Greg,
Thanks for your kind remarks; I am glad you are enjoying both the article and the book. I don't have my reference books handy at the moment (and won't for some time-moving), but the wheels for the 5 tons are listed, and with the part number FROM AN ORD 9, we should be able to determine the application/interchangeabilty.

For what it is worth, fellow lister Joe Shannon had some of these that fit a deuce for sale a while back. Check with him, he may have some left.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle