Re: [MV] While we're on the super deuce thing....(deuce wheels)

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 19:28:03 PST

If you are talking about the run-flat, AKA take-apart, AKA split rim,
wheels, for the 2.5-ton, here is some info:

They are/were made by Hayes-Lemmerz Corp. The NSN is 2530-01398-3380. The
specs are as follows: 20" by 11" wide. 6-bolt pattern, 8.75 inch circle.
Tires (tube-type) that fit are the 14.5 R by 20.

Retail price is $500 each, in quantities of 500 rims. The manufacturer's
exclusive agent, a lunatic, spent several minutes of my valuable time,
telling me all of the above, and then, as my interest piqued, and I was
ready to order some, said that they are (pick one):

Available, readily available, probably not available at any time soon, never
available, discontinued.

The conversation was right out of the Monty Python "Cheese Shop" skit. Rims,
Sir? Of course we have rims. How many would you like? 500? No problem,
squire, we can get them for you right away. Unless you want them right now,
in which case, there will be a slight delay. A delay is no problem, your
worship? In that case, we probably will not have them anytime soon. You'll
be patient, sahib? In that case, you had better be as patient as a saint, as
we don't intend to have any, ever, or at least in your lifetime, m'lord."

A P Bloom
www.M35products.com