Re: Sulfur in Crankcase

From: Tim Korade (tkorade@sau48.k12.nh.us)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 18:00:06 PST

Yes that's it, that is why when you run the engine up to temp it boils off the water and keeps the acids from forming. I don't remember what the actual chemical conversion is, I would need to go back to the books for that one. When in the Navy I was in charge of the local NOAP (Navy Oil Analyses Program). We did a test with two truck with the GM 6.2 diesel engine , one was used for local deliverys(2-5 minutes between stops, engine turned off each time) and the other was used for longer hauls(1/2hour). The oil was tested monthly and in the first truck the oil "wore out" in about 1500 miles and needed to be changed. The second truck went 40,000 miles before the oil needed to be changed.
It was not just the water issue but several. I'll put out more info if wanted, but I don't want to bore the list.
TimK.

From: "everette" <194cbteng@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 01:07:34 -0600

--
Tim Korade

--

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the SAU Network Administrator by email at postmaster@sau48.k12.nh.us