Re: [MV] Wanted: inside door handle for M35

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 22:05:40 PST

> Got to reply again to this thing. I responded to the new breed thing and
immediately got a email from them that
> said mine contained spam or junk mail and was blocked...but my email
went through to the mv board and was
> not blocked. If you find them...you got my permission to kill them! Fred
Martin

.02¢ tho I think it was said a bit ago:

Half a year or so ago an exploit came out which caused people in my company
and outside to get emails from ' me ' using the admin account for our
domain, even tho I only receive email on it. As the hack becomes known and
the script kiddies start using it ... We had people threatening law suits,
etc until they finally realized it wasn't us.

The senders field can be faked. In fact, most things appear to be
fakeable. ( new scrabble word !!! )
Much worse is coming IMSHO. I'm saving what few gaskets I have left to
blow to smithereens for ' new and improved ' .... problems.

Other news: from a purely restoration standpoint : I'm close to finding an
electrician to put a new service in. Bruce of Monster Stealth fame was
over last weekend and indicated I MIGHT be able to tap into three phase
power, which runs over the rear of my property. He has had three phase for
years, and indicates after pulling a kidney out and offering it to the
power gods that he actually got it installed by PG&E for under $200.

My feeling ( based on random inquiries ) is that I might not qualify for a
residential rate (?) if I switch to three phase... ( hmmm. no, that can't
be true now that I think about it. My buddy in SF tore down a nasty old
house and built a four story building with another fellow at work: each has
two floors... and he has three phase power, tho he does not use it.. and he
pays normal rates.. hmm. ) ok, back to the real question..

I would like to get an air compressor which puts out 25-50 CFM at 90 PSI.
Preferrably at the end of a 100' hose, but figure I'll have to plumb steel
pipe to the truck pit to keep air pressure up. From what I've seen, I'll
need a 7-15 HP engine if I buy a compressor with a single phase
motor. Everyone states I'll save on power consumption if I go to three
phase. ( would it be a correct analogy to say three phase motors have much
better torque than single phase motors? ) Assuming I work my tookus off,
and run the compressor 20 hours a week would those savings amount to
much? I understand the compressor/motor would be less if i go with three
phase, but saving a few hundred dollars on the equipment doesn't mean much
if i spend more running it over the years or having it installed.

Or is/are there other considerations? Things like the strain on the rest
of the house when the motor fires up? Or strain/wear on the motor? I know
this is picky, but how often do almost normal people buy toys like this? <g>

Thanks

             Paul
         MVPA# 24986