Re: [MVlist] Normandy Trivia

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 10:27:32 PST

Folks, we have a worthy winner, Hank Fackovec is absolutely right -
De-waterproofing vehicles.

Sgt Robert Schober and his unit were tasked with removing the waterproofing
materials that were put on the vehicles pre-invasion.
In reality, they couldnt find any vehicles to dewaterproof until the evening
of June 6th, so he and his buddies stayed on the beach amidst the carnage,
as infantrymen

Cheers NIGE