(RE) M16 Halftrack on E-bay

From: Tom Kelly (tjk2356@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 19:49:44 PST

It's hard to tell from the photo, as it was taken from so far away, but
this definitly is not an original M16, as thet ALL had winchs. It could
be a M13 (most were converted to quad mounts), but I can't tell if the
top 8" of armor folds down or not.

Most likely it is an M16A1 converted from a M15A1 or possibly converted
from an M3, without better pictures, inside and out, I can't make a
positive ID. I'd say his opening bid is on the high side of what a
incomplete (no quad mount) M16A1 is worth. It'll be interesting to see
if it sells.

Later - Tom Kelly