Re: [MV] Normandy Trivia

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 11:42:28 PST

> >"The XM-1 Combination Metric/SAE Crescent Wrench was first field-tested
at
> >the Army's Aberdeen Proving Ground evaluation facility in 1943, and
adopted
> >for use in the European Theatre in February, 1944. The wrench was rushed
> >[snip]
> >Man. I feel...unclean. Like I should go wash my hands or something. :)
>

> I wonder how much one of those would go for on E-Pay.

Wrench: NAPA, $8.97 + tax
Story: $1157.43

EUC required. No foreign shipments on this item. $31.47 Handling Charge
applies because "you have to use extra care packing these things". Buyer
must pay me the 2% + 1.17 + .43 that PayPal charges me because I'm not
making enough money on this story..err...'item'. All sales final.
Certificate of Authenticity included, signed by the guy who told the guy who
told my uncle who told my friend that he heard it's all true.

(Do we all get this jaded after collecting military vehicles and stuff for a
few years, or is it something in my local water supply? :)