Re: [MV] Normandy Trivia

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 11:57:34 PST

Vice President Blair has said we mustn't call them Crescent Wrenches any
more as it may upset Muslim sensitivities.

All this talk of wrenches on the beaches reminds me of the re-supply drop at
Arnhem that dropped canisters of new, red berets packed flat to the
beleguared troops.

In our local paper this week is a fascinating memory of Normandy about the
Falaise Corridor of Death in August 44, from a Frenchmans point of view - no
ordinary Gaul this one, he was a Panther crewman in the SS, the SS
recruited from most conqured contires and there was even a Birmingham
battalion ( no, not in AL, but UK)

Just getting back to work after 10 hours of no power here in the Bocage
following a freak storm.

NIGE