Re: [MV] crescent

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 13:33:17 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Hils" <tedhils@cyber-south.com>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 1:00 PM
Subject: [MV] crescent

> How about power? Was it battery powered or did they have a generator?

It uses the no-longer available BA-193, or was able to function at a reduced
level through use of the man-portable hand-crank generator assembly GN-37A.
TM-9-131 (1943) gives all the details but the manual is quite rare nowadays.
I know one Ebay vendor was offering photocopies (waterstains and all) a
month back for $71.46 plus 12 bucks for shipping, but I think he got
lynched.

Sgt. Sin E. Cal (231st Signal Battalion, ret.)
MVPA # 666