Model 1941 Army Tent Heater

From: Vernon Tuck (vtuck@tucklings.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 07:42:46 PST

Recently, during a discussion of shop buildings I saw a peripheral
discussion of ways to heat 'em.

I briefly mentioned that just before Christmas, on ebay, I bought an army
surplus wood/coal/diesel potbelly stove. Somebody from the list asked me
about my impressions of it.

While not "state of the art" we've had tons of fun with it. During the
holiday it actually trumped the boob tube as a place for my family of four
(and friends and pets) to gather.

Not only were the stove and accessory diesel oil burner well made, but the
seller turned out to be a truly pleasant person to buy from.

<<Vernon,
congrats on your winning bids.
Shipping the stove and oil burning kit at the same time would cost you
$47.87
your total would be $157.87
you can send me a check, money order or use a credit card.
Let me know.
Robert Zetzer
3604 Myersville Road
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
330-628-4881 work>>

P.S. The costs shook down approximately into thirds: $55. for the stove
(which came with all needed accessories for burning wood or coal); About the
same ($55) for the auxiliary diesel burner (which is a beauty but which we
have NOT tested). And $47.87 for shipping.

The only additional item ($10) was for a "spark arrestor" which goes between
two sticks of 4" stove pipe which WAS included!

Standard disclaimers apply about me only having ONE motive for publishing
this:

We LOVE THIS STOVE!

Over and out.

VT