MTA Show & Swap Meet Dover NJ March 20-21 2004

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 08:03:46 PST

The quickly approaching MILITARY TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION SHOW, National Guard
Armory Dover NJ Armory will be held on March 20-21, 2004.

A Donation of $3 is requested upon arrival. Parking is FREE. Overflow
parking is directed to a Mall Parking Lot & CONSTANT Shuttle Busses will be
running Sat & Sun.

2004 perks include: Motel locations are available & rates listed on
www.mtaofnj.org/dover_show.htm

An example is: Hilton Garden Inn (Exit 35,
RT 80) at Rockaway Mall Normal Rate $129. Show reservations for 15 blocked
rooms $95 ONLY UNTIL MARCH 1st.

Other Motel Rates vary from $69 to $119. If anyone has a contact that we
might utilize for a Corporate Rate, please notify me. The information will
be greatly appreciated.

Indoor 8' Tables @ $30, 115 available - 52 Sold. Outdoor 15' X 15' Spaces @
$20, 54 available - 26 Sold. We anticipate selling out again.
-------

Security Friday afternoon thru Sunday Afternoon will be provided by MTA
Members & the NJ National Guard. Displayed Vehicles can arrive Friday
afternoon & remain until Sunday afternoon. Locked vehicles can remain
overnight Sunday, at your own risk.

Military Vehicles will be displayed without charge. Owners selling
Military Vehicles are requested to make a donation to the MTA.
-------

MTA PROJECT: VIETNAM ERA GUN TRUCK will be displayed. Donations will be
greatly appreciated. There will be drawings of prizes of donated items to
assist in fund raising.
MTA PROJECT: AMBULANCE VEHICLE will be
displayed.
MTA PROJECT: RAILROAD LOCOMOTIVE will have a picture
display.
Anyone with an interest in helping to rebuild any of these
Project Vehicles, are welcome.
--------

MTA MEMBERSHIP: We are now a Non-Profit 501-3C Organization.
Individual Membership: $20 per year. Family Membership: $25 per year.
Members need not own a Military Vehicle. Having an interest in Preserving
the Military Vehicle Heritage, is enough. Members are invited to Ride in
any scheduled Parades. Meetings are held on the Second Monday, of each
month, at the Whippany American Legion Post. Food is available at 7PM,
Meeting at 8PM.
-------

Korean War Veterans Association will have a Recruitment Trailer (Large Black
Trailer & an 1952 M38A1 1/4 ton Jeep) near the entrance. All Korean Vets,
stop in with your DD-214. Vietnam Veterans Association will have a Table
inside.
------

Plan on attending one of the largest shows in the East. You will not go
home without most of your needed items.
------

NOTE: A NEW CLUB has been formed for South Jersey. Previously they were
Company "B" of the MTA. Many members will remain with the MTA, but it will
be easier for the South Jersey MV Owners to attend meetings & plan to
participate in Parades & functions. I will post more info as it is
available. Bill ???
-----

Food & Refreshments will again be available, at extremely reasonable prices.
Kitchen Staff will be MTA Members & Family Volunteers.
-----

Members interested in remaining overnight to assist with security, contact
Jim Moore MTA Show Chairman mooresrus3@aol.com

We look forward to your attendance

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1