Summerdale Alabama Show info

From: Jeffrey Smith MVP (mvpco@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 19:53:12 PST

Hi All!

Well what a Great turnout for the Dixie Division MVPA
Chapter's Summerdale, AL MV Show and Swap Meet January
17th & 18th. 20+ MVs and a Airborne Drop Scooter. 8
HUMVs lots of M151s, 2 M38s, CUCVs, Mules, M34/M35,
Towed Guns and 2 M38A1s. Rodney Nowland brought one
heck of a M38A1 project back from Atlanta for me and
what a piece, No Hope! Oh, incase I forget, a
THUNDERSTORM & RAIN that would make the ones at
Aberdeen look like a Puddle! Rich Miller of Riv-Rad
and Jeff Smith of MVP put together the first Bi-Annual
Summerdale MV Show and Swap Meet. The next one is
scheduled for August 7th & 8th, 2004. The local TV
News did a report about the show and also pluged the
29th MVPA International Convention for June 23-27 in
Mobile, AL. The station is mailing a copy and we will
have it on DVD to show to all.
The local VFW had a Giant tent for the Mess Hall and
live music. Lambert's Cafe was a real treat with the
"Throwed Rolls" and Lamar Rowland was treated to
Birthday wishes from the staff(even though it was a
joke and not his birthday). King Palmer was a great
help with the TV crew and all his contacts. Russell
Deese and John Booth made it from GA and FL along with
the Karen Green's Crew of the MS Coast Watchers MVPA
Chapter. New York was the farthest MVPA club member.
Jim Wallace also was able to make it with his MV
carburators. There was also a local Sign and Stencil
Vendor on site making Stencils with the paint masking
material While-U-Wait, WOW! The Highway 59 Flea market
was also a nice draw for our Show, lots of lookers!
The biggest goof was me forgetting to take Pictures.
Hope someone else took some.....

Jeff Smith
ddmvpa.org