Hummer H1 and H2 at the Detroit Auto Show

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 08:33:47 PST

I was at the Detroit Auto Show yesterday and the Hummer Civy H1 and H2 were
both present. Of course GM was pushing the H2 really hard. They had an H2
Frame and chassis up on end at the show. I didn't realize that the H2 had
an airbag suspension. Other than that the chassis is very conventional.
Is the H2 suspension the same as the GMC Denali suspension? I thought it
was the same as the Yukon suspension, but I believe all Yukons have
springs. They didn't have a Denali chassis that you could easily look at
and I didn't feel like crawling under on at the show.

The army also had a real H1 at the show but it was behind a rope in the
food court.

Dave