[MV] EXHAUST MANIFOLDS

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 13:55:47 PST

When I was involved in a John Deere tractor dealership we had to be very
careful not to remove an exhaust manifold that was warm from operating, even
then we have taken some off that would not go back on; the size changed,
sometimes we could put them in deep freeze and they would go back on, other
times we had a pot we would heat cooking oil to 400 F and leave them in
that a while and then they would fit. Sometimes throw them away and install
new one.

Oil pot was used for axle bearings on some particular tractors, heat bearing
in oil and slip on axle, when it cooled had to be driven off - or cut.

Do not know if this will be any help on MV but may be something to keep in
mind.

Everette

"