Re: [MV] US overhaul/rebuilding facilities

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 23:29:20 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Teller" <henrik_teller@vip.cybercity.dk>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 7:27 AM
Subject: [MV] US overhaul/rebuilding facilities

> Hi All !
>
> If a component in a tank (M41) has a tag that reads "overhauled april
> 62 at 041", where was the specific component rebuild ?

Can't answer that specifically, but all the M75s (same running gear) out at
work were rebuilt at Red River Army Depot before being shipped off to the
Belgians (and presumably other MAP countries.) Aside from having the
rebuild plates and stuff, most of the rubber on the road wheels also reads
"Red River Army Depot".

(One funny thing we noticed which should give fellow Canadians a giggle is
that the M75s were originally American and given to the Belgians - but guess
what the rebuild tags on the giant Continental Aircraft Motors read? "Levy
Auto Parts, Toronto, Ontario". Some of the others were rebuilt by the
Belgian airline 'Sabena'.)