M35 tire ?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 12:26:21 PST

OK esteemed tire experts or those who want to sound off. Recommended TP for
the deuce on the highway is 50 PSI. I've checked a bunch of different brand
9.00X20 tires and all of them say max 4000# @ 65PSI in single. I forget the #
rating in dual but the PSI was 55. Has anybody fooled with different tire
pressures to see how they handle and wear. I just bolted on a like new pair of
Fidelitys on the front of my tractor. Got em on a cheap trailer. Anyway I aired
them to 55 PSI. The fronts I took off were just starting to cup. I don't know
how many miles were put on these tires before I got the truck but I've put
well over 4000 miles on them since April 03.

Another thought that I'm going to work on is tire pressure VS circumference.
I'm going to roll out 8 tires at 50 PSI then make 5 PSI adjustments both ways
to see if I can size match them any better.

I'm now open for comments opinions and flaming if one so desires.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2
73 A.M. General M275A2