Re: [MV] M884 FUEL SYSTEM PROBLEM

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 08:45:07 PST

Howdy All,

I really appreciate everyones ideas on my question. I think I may be on
the right track for a fix here. Just want to clear up one item. When I
bought the truck in Maryland in August 03, I had a drip of fuel at the
rear. I had to register the truck before I could drive it to Texas. As
part of the inspection process I had the mechanic/inspector replace
hoses at the tank and hoses and grommets through body penetrations. I do
not know if he replaced ALL of the rubber hoses in the fuel delivery
system but the drip stopped and it drove fine down to Texas. Of course,
we drove every day and the truck did not sit for days without running.
This problem only arose when the truck sits for a few days. I will have
the complete line tested under pressure and see where we are at. I am
also going to inspect the fuel tank for crud, check the pump inlet
screen for crud and reposition the fuel filter to just downstream of the
fuel pump as one member suggested.

Mel Miller
Corpus Christi, TX
361-937-3317
M725
M884
86 VW Doppelkabin Drop Side Diesel PU (OD)