Re: [MV] M37 trans

From: cgarbee@ipass.net
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 11:17:00 PST

I think that your memory is correct as my truck ('53 USMC M37) with the earlier
transmission (88950) has the fill plug on the driver's side of the case.

Other differences from my memory:
Earlier transmission has a shorter shift lever, later one has a longer lever
with the length added to the "turned up" portion nearer to the knob.
Input shaft bearing retainer nut has left hand threads on one, right hand
threads on the other (don't remember which is which) so you can't swap input
shafts between the varients.
Different arrangement of "fingers" that move the gears so you can't swap covers
from one model to the other.

CGarbee
www.garbee.net/~cabell
www.ncmvpa.com