Oil Filter Revue

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 14:06:22 PST

Folks,

     I was remembering when the oil thing came out on this list and the
people worrying about what to put in their engines which isn't really worth
worrying about. I remembered I have this link to click on that is worth
reading about OIL FILTERS and is something that will keep you busy for
awhile!! Every time you go into an autoparts store you almost buy a FRAM
filter and because of this link, I no longer buy FRAM products. This
individual buys all brands of filters that he can and takes them apart to
tell the difference and the similarities in them. You will definitely find
this an eye opener!!! Oil doesn't seem to have much of a difference but the
filters do.

Click on this: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

    Another store you may want to check out is the newer auto stores called
"O'reilly's" and check out their tool rack. They have all kinds of goodies
to include the spanner wrenches to remove the nut out of the 4 wheel drive
hubs on your Blazers and P/U's.

     Another thing I wanted to share was all this hoopla about Snap-On and
MAC Tools and what they do. I usually buy Sear's Craftsman line of tools
because they are good tools and if you take a tool back to any Sear's store,
you never have a problem. MAC and Snap-on have an ongoing thing to make
sure all dealers mechanics they service don't have anymore Sear's tools and
usually sell them somewhere else for $1 each after they bamboozled the poor
mechanics out of them! I bought a Snap-on one time and when it broke, the
rep wouldn't make it up saying "don't you expect it to wear out"? This
logic along with the moron will never see me again. For a little fun, click
on this link:

     http://www.mactoolssuck.com/index.htm

     Your MV nut, Julian Burke