R-442 Antenna

From: Larry Tighe (larryradio@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 10:43:22 PST

Howdy List Gurus,

My M998 has the standard MX 6707 mount bolted to the driver's side, rear. I
was going to put the R-442 receive antenna on the other side and found that
the porcelin insulator is smaller than the MX 6707 mounting hole!!

Are there adapter rings used to reduce for the older porcelin mounts or, is
there a M998 mount designed for the older porcelin insulator? I don't want
to use a MX 6707 for a receive only R-442 installation because it's a waste
of and expensive antenna base and has an "active" tuning network inside it.

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Lar