Re: [MV] R-442 Antenna

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 11:18:20 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Tighe" <larryradio@worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 10:43 AM
Subject: [MV] R-442 Antenna

> Howdy List Gurus,
>
> My M998 has the standard MX 6707 mount bolted to the driver's side, rear.
> was going to put the R-442 receive antenna on the other side and found
that
> the porcelin insulator is smaller than the MX 6707 mounting hole!!

The AB-15 and AB-652 bases are set up for the smaller hole which was common
to the 50's and 60's mounts and brackets found on that era's military
vehicles. When they're mounted on CUCVs, HMMWVs and friends, there's an
adapter plate either square or circular depending on whether you're mounting
on the 'sugar spoon' family brackets or CUCV brackets, and they usually come
in the installation kits along with a rubber grommet. Basically, they mount
to the top of the existing 6707 bracket using the existing 4 bolt holtes,
and allow you to mount your AB-15 or AB-652 normally.

I'm pretty sure Frank's Surplus had the kits themselves with all the
groundstraps and hardware and stuff (check his Ebay store listings), but
failing that, others on the list or people like Steve Haney at Haney
Electronics should be able to fix you up.