Re: [MV] Stacking 2 1/2 ton trucks

From: Cabell Garbee (cgarbee@ipass.net)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 20:18:54 PST

I remember someone asking about this. Since then, I have found my
downloaded copies of the photos taken at Norfolk of stacked Dodge 3/4
and 1.5 ton WC series trucks. Scanned copies are online at the Library
of Virginia. The Signal Corps did a great job of documenting a lot
that went on at the port and related facilities. The search engine
takes a bit of work to get used to, especially since their index uses
the original captions that are really good at identifying the people in
the photos, but are a bit week about listing the vehicles. There are
lots of shots of DUKW, CCKW, WC, GPW, etc. mixed in with shots of ships
crews, ships, and loading operations...

I'll see if I can dig up my links for posting on Monday when I am back
at my other computer....

CGarbee