Re: [MV] Looking for a Weasel

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 11:28:27 PST

Hi John,

>Thanks for the bandwidth...I am seriously looking for an M29 (restored, or
>in need of cosmetics). Prefer an M29 (any M28s out there in the wild?) with
>Original engine and treads. Can travel and haul. Any leads appreciated.

Best places to look/ask are:

Military Vehicles Magazine
www.m29cweasel.org

The latter is a website I started up a couple of years ago, but
unfortunately have had little time for it over the last year. However,
there is an active discussion board where you can interact with Weasel owners.

M28s do exist, but they are rare. T-24/M29/M29Cs are fairly easy to get
a hold of in rough condition, more difficult in restored condition, much
more difficult in restored and complete condition. Tracks are the
biggest problem area. A nice set of tracks is often worth as much as the
Weasel they are on.

I've got a couple of spare Weasels I might part with, but they are very
rough and far away from you (Maine). The other regular source is Russ
Morgan in Littleton Colorado. However, it seems that Weasels come up for
sale in your neck of the woods fairly frequently.

Good luck!

Steve